Saturday, February 21, 2009

Loads of Fun

Sorry for the delay in posts to the one reader I have (HI MOM!) but I'll make up for it in this post (don't get your hopes up, tho. This post will probably be riddled with the same spelling errors and grammatical flaws and boring stories that my writing always has).

So, this past Thursday I was all set to play a show at a Salad Works (yeah, seriously) about which I was not supremely excited. Don't get me wrong, I'll almost never turn down a show but nothing about Salad Works screams "live music venue." But anyway, while I'm at work I get a call from a friend saying that he needed me to fill in as an opener at Doc Watson's Pub in center city which is one of the better live music venues in Philadelphia. 

I reluctantly agreed to play. I say "reluctantly" because I would not be getting paid and I would have to rush there directly after playing my first set at the Salad Works. So, by the time 7 o'clock rolls around I start playing my set at the salad factory place to a packed house of 8 people! I really can't complain, however. I mean, I got to work out the kinks on a lot of new songs and got a free salad. 

After my Saladtastic (real word, look it up) show I get on the El and shoot down to center city. I really can't stress enough what a great venue Doc Watson's is. The sound system was incredible and the crowd was so attentive and respectful. All around it was just an amazing show... There's no punch line here, it's just one of those things that really makes you happy as a musician. All in all it was a great night... 

So, here is your set of awful lyrics for the day from Paralyzer by Finger 11....

"Well if your body matches what your eyes can do
You'll prbably more right through me on my way to you"

I don't even know what that means....

Take Care
--KR

1 comment:

  1. Great story...
    The hidden lesson?

    Because you were open to do the gig at saladworks, you also attracted the Doc Watson gig. I look at it as you showed the universe that you want to be out there performing for people, and it offered up the Doc Watsons gig, because you let go of the expectation of playing there, and were fine playing to all 8 people at saladworks.

    At least you at healthy before you went to the real gig!

    ReplyDelete